Monday, August 11, 2008

What motivates immigrants to move?

I think people come here today because they believe in the american dream. I quess they think that they will have more oppurtunitys to fulfill their dreams. Some people might even come over to get rich or famous which is not a bad idea. In some countries they tell you what to do and when to do it which is defintely not the case in america, maybe the change can be very refreshing to some.

If I moved to another country it would be for economic reasons because I love money, and if moving away ment more money I would do it in a heartbeat no matter who I left behind. Money comes first because how are you going to eat without it. Just being real I would probably not care who I left behind because I would bring lots of people with me.

-Quan

2 comments:

Tia said...

I agree that most people come to America to fulfill their dreams. But most people from different countries want to move away from all the restrictions they have. They have to dress a certain way, or marry a certain person. In America you can make your own decisions.It's a free country. So most people like the freedom that America has.

carrie said...

Sound arguments with lots of details. Your first paragraph is especially good.

Some small errors that I can help you fix for maximum points. As is you earned 19/20 points.
Keep this type of post coming!